The Arbor Lakes Business Association is accepting applications for artists to participate in Chalkfest at Arbor Lakes, June 10 & 11, 2017. A limited number of artist squares are available. All applications will be reviewed & approved by the Chalkfest committee.
- All artists must be able to commit to the two day event on June 10 & 11, 2017
- Artist working hours (but not limited to) are; 10am-5pm each day
- Participation is on a volunteer basis only
- Attendance of free street painting workshop is recommended but not required
- Artwork must be appropriate for all viewers – family friendly
- No nudity or political statements will be accepted
- Artwork will contain no words or symbols intended as advertising or promotion
- Artwork may not violate any copyright laws
- No writing of anything is allowed outside your square. The festival will provide and install an information poster stating your name, location/nationality, title of artwork and sponsor name
- The entire artist space must be utilized, there should be no pavement showing in your square except where it is a part of the artwork
- Artist must complete their assigned square by closing of the festival on Sunday, June 11h
- Only non-toxic soft pastels may be used. Use of any other material is forbidden (i.e. oil pastels, acrylic, gouache, markers, etc.)
- Artist's will need to submit a sketch of what you would like to create during the Chalkfest upon being selected for the festival
The professional application has been closed.
We are still accepting amateur artist applications! Create art on Main Street alongside the professionals. A 48 pack of professional grade chalk will be provided for all registered amateur artists.